NEW MANGALORE PORT TRUST EMPLOYEES (FAMILY SECURITY) REGULATION, 1987.
MINISTRY OF SURFACE TRANSPORT
New Delhi, the 18th June 1987
G.S.R. 584 (E) :- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 124 read with sub-section (1) of section 132, of the Major Port Trusts Act 1963 (38 of 1963), the Central Government hereby approves the NEW MANGALORE PORT TRUST EMPLOYEES ( FAMILY SECURITY) REGULATIONS, 1987 made by the Board of Trustees for the Port of New Manager and set out in the Schedule annexed to this Notification.
2. The said regulations, shall come into force on the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette.
(FIle No. PR-12016/9/86-PE.I)
P.M. Abraham, Addl. Secy.
S C H E D U L E
The New Mangalore Port Employees (FamIly Security) Regulations 1997.
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 28 of the Major Port Trust Act 1963 (38 of 1963), the New Mangalore Port Trust Board hereby makes the following Regulations :-
1. Short title and commencement :- These Regulations may be called The New Mangalore Port Trust Employees (Family Security) Regulations 1987.
2. ApplicatIon :- These Regulations Shall apply to the employees of the Board inclusive of (those who are on deputat on from other organisations in the service of the Board) and those on deputation to other organisations.
3. Object :- The object of these Regulations is to provide a reasonable amount of financial relief to the families of the Port Trust Employees who either die while in service or become medically incapacitated for further continuance in the Trust’s service.
4. Definition :- In thse Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires :
(a) ‘Board’ and ‘Chairman’ shall have the meaning assigned to them under the Major Port Trust Act 1963.
(b) ‘Fund’ means the NMPT Employees & Family Security Fund.
(c) ‘Committee’ means the Committee constituted under Regulations 6 below.
(d) ‘Employees’ means all employees of the Board, other than Casual Labour.
(e) 'Limb’ means leg or arm.
(f) 'Nominee’ means the person nominated under the General Provident Fund Rules applicable to the employees of the Port Trust.
5. Constitution of the Fund :- The Board shall constitute a fund by contributing from the employees and athe Board as under.
(a) Every employee who has not attained the age of 28 years shall make a monthly contribution of Rs.4/- per month and any other employee shall make a monthly contribution of Rs.20/- to the fund.
(b) The Board shall make an annual contribution of Rs.2.00 lakhs to the Fund at such interval as may be decided upon by the Chairman for time to time.
(a) The interest accumulated from the investment of the Fund from time to time.
(b) The quantum of contribution by the Board and the employees shall be liable to alteration by the Board based on the average annual number of casualties from time to time.
6. Administration of the Fund :-
(a) A committee consisting of three officers nominated by the Chairman shall administer the fund.
(b) The accumulations in the fund shall be invested by the committee in the manner prescribed by the Chairman from time to time.
7. Advisory Committee :- An Advisory Committee consisting of three Officers of the management other than those nominated for administering the scheme and three representatives of the employees shall be constituted by the Chairman to advise him on the administration of the scheme.
8. Quantum of assistance :-
(a) A lumpsum amount of Rs.20,000/- shall be paid to the nominee of every employee who dies while on duty either due to accident or otherwise or who becomes wholly disabled by accident by lose of two limbs or two eyes.
(b) A lumpsum amount of Rs.15,000/- shall be paid to the nominee of the employee who dies while in service but not on duty.
(c) In the absence of a nominee, the amount shall be paid to the person to whom pensionary beneits are normally payable.
9. In respect of an employee who has resigned, superannuated, compulsorily retired, discharged, dismissed or removed from service, the actual amount of contribution shall become refundable to him without interest.
10. General :-
(a) The entitlement under the fund shall be in addition to any other terminal benefits to which the medically incapacitated employee or the familly of the deceased is entitled to under hism services rules.
(b) The procedure to regulate the claim shall be as laid down by the Chairman from time to time.
(c) The contribution made by the employee to the Fund shall not be refunded except as otherwise provided in thse Regulations.
(d) The decision of the chairman, shall be final in respect of all matters connection with the administration of the fund.
NOTE :- Principal Regulations published in the Gazette of India with GSR No. 584 (E) dated June 1987 with further amendments vide –
(i) GSR 843 (E) dated 2nd November 1992.